Friday, August 21, 2009
I know tons of you ladies have been asking for this so, as promised, I recorded a bridal makeup tutorial video for you all! It is very, very similar to how I did my makeup for my wedding last year. I just had better skin and I think the brow-highlight color was probably less intense for the wedding, since I used a different brush.
I've mentioned it before, but I will say it again, here are a few tips to keep in mind for makeup during your wedding:
* Photography is so important and will last longer than the day itself, so keep in mind how your makeup will look behind the lens
* Avoid anything that is too reflective like makeup/lotions with spf (including mineral makeup), and avoid glitters and shimmers if possible
* Use a matte brow bone highlight color and matte blush (you want the shine in your eyes, not your brow bone)
* A classic makeup look is always going to look good in photos, now and in the future
* Avoid anything that makes you too uncomfortable (eg. lenses if you don't wear them daily, eyelid tape if you aren't used to it, brand new untested foundation, etc)
* PRACTICE ahead of time, especially if you are doing your own makeup. With a makeup artist, set up a practice run before the wedding day to make sure you are going to get what you want.
* Use a new tube of WATERPROOF mascara!
* Long-wear lipcolor (I like Maybelline Superstay Gloss) can be really useful for not giving your husband a lipstick smear! ;)
I recorded this a couple days ago when I wasn't feeling well and was home sick, so please forgive the less-than-perfect skin. New cam records in HD!! Scary!! If you like the video, please comment, rate, and subscribe to my Youtube channel.
Here's a rundown of everything I used:
- Graftobian concealer and hi-def foundation
- Everyday Minerals blush in Apple
- NYX Mosaic Powder in Highlighter
- MAC blot powder
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Clinique Brush-On Cream Liner in Deep Brown (as a base over the tape and blending into skin)
- Covergirl Lash Exact waterproof mascara
- MAC fluidline in blacktrack (lining both top and bottom lashlines)
- Criss-cross and tapering style false lashes
- Nyx single shadows in dark brown and white
- Revlon 12-hour eyeshadow quad in Copper Spice
- Maybelline Superstay Gloss in #160 Glass Rose
A few pics of the finished product:
And a bit further away to get the overall effect.
Hope it is helpful to you brides-to-be out there! Let me know if you have any wedding-specific questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. I am doing makeup for a wedding in just a few weeks, so this was a fun little refresher for me. :)
I also wanted to add a little reminder that the Mineral Magic Cosmetics Giveaway is going on RIGHT NOW so please be sure to enter! I'm stoked to share some of their brushes with you because I really love the ones I own.
Okay, hopefully my cam battery is charged enough that I can take pics of these Ben Nye swatches on my arm. Haha. See you guys next time~