Snowy Ice Princess Tutorial9:31 AM
Ahhhh, thank goodness it's the weekend! :D I love that my obligations today are to take pics while there is natural light, stop by Sephora to exchange a couple things, and to hang out with friends later tonight. Such a different change of pace from my usual of driving to work an hour, working 9 hours, then driving back home in the dark. XD
Well, this video is the result of trying to create video-worthy lighting at 10pm. Not the greatest of situations (my living room looks crazy now, with a floor lamp dragged across the room and my still-messy vanity tilted to the side) but it is in one piece! The battery even died out one or five times, so I hope the choppiness isn't too noticeable. You can tell at the lash application part. Magically, my lashes are totally on in the next shot. ;)
So anyway, here is my winter tutorial using mostly products from The Body Shop.
The music is by my ever talented friend, Greg Puglese, and the song is called Lost In Hiding. Speaking of music, does anyone make music or know someone who does who would let me use some original songs for my Youtube tutorials? Send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do!
Here are my tools for this look:
* Lancome Photogenic Concealer in Camee
* Graftobian Hi-Def Concealer Palette for lightening undereyes
* Everyday Minerals Foundation (mix of fairly light neutral and golden medium)
* Everyday Minerals Finishing Powder
* The Body Shop Iced Body Powder
* EOS Adult Grey lenses (from prettyandcute.com)
* The Body Shop Eye & Cheek Palettes
* Sugar Cosmetics Color Stick in Blue Pop
* NYX Single Eyeshadow in Purple
* Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Yeyo and Zero
* Korean lavender eyeliner (Anyone heard of Rose Valley brand?)
* MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
* Andrea Mod lashes in style #45 (upper lashes)
* Echo lashes in style SN (worn on lower lashes)
* Filled brows with Anastasia Brows in Bloom Palette
* NYX Round Lipstick in Circe
* The Body Shop Shimmer Lipgloss in Iced Sparkle
Here are some photos of this look. I should've pulled out my wedding tiara for these pics! I didn't think about that until just now. Guess I'm not a very good ice princess. ;) Oh, and I love how after wearing wonder tape all day, my eyes are confused and don't know whether to be mono or double lidded. Not wearing any tape or glue for this tutorial, but I told you guys my lids basically do whatever they want to that day! So I suppose this look works for all lid types. LOL!
Resulting eye is a silvery purple
Wanted to show you the mega shimmer in the shimmer powder. Looked very cool in real life but didn't show up well in the video!
Overall look. Earrings are by HQCD and necklace is by DSK. LOVE them. <3
These wispy lashes are kinda cool, if you have the right look. Not very natural, but very ethereal.
Yay for warm, fuzzy hoodies!
And WA-WA, what is this? could it be cosplay cat ears and paws? Part of my upcoming Puss in Boots Halloween costume. This is the snowy ice-cat edition. ^^
Hope you enjoyed this video! I had fun being a little more creative with the look this time.
Oh by the way, I wanted to mention that I have the best blog readers ever. I think I cried more than a couple times reading the sincere, sweet comments from my last post. It just lifted my heart every time I read them. I can't express how much that meant to me since I was nervous to write so openly in the beginning. I never expected to get such a huge, warm response from all of you! Now I know that some of you really can relate to me and this makes all of the time spent worth it. <3
In appreciation, I'll be doing a giveaway in my next post. I hope you'll come back to check it out. ;)
Love you guys!