My 1st Anniversary - wedding pics, tips & nostalgia8:01 AM
Aughhhh! I just wrote the entire post up for hours and for some reason, almost all of it deleted and autosaved with almost nothing. T_T Anyway, here's me rewriting everything.
Hey everyone! Sorry I have been posting less frequently lately but it is because my 1 year anniversary is coming up on Sunday! I can't believe it has already been one year and I can't imagine having lived any other way. It has even been, dare I say, easy?
It could be that we had dated for 7 years before we got married and got a lot of bumps out in the past but being around my best friend has been so rewarding emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. We are both really good about filling up each others' emotional bank accounts with hugs, laughter, and inside jokes and that helps to sustain us for when times get rough. As long as you are really ready, there is nothing better.
Now, on with the wedding photos.
Size 4 Linea Paolo heels. Mmm, shiny and sparkly!
The bouquet. LOVE orchids, they were the theme of my wedding.
My tools. :D
The bridesmaids' dresses. I loved the Grecian goddess bust and the black velvet waist.
The gorgeous church. Orchids on the pews!
Last minute touch-ups on my maid of honor
I love the little buttons at the back of my dress
Getting my bling put on
Omma adjusting my necklace. <3
This dress had SO many layers that needed to be puffed out!
Crystal lily centerpiece. My mom and I put these all together. :)
Getting the giant veil put on
Pastor and hubs
Appa and me (and my bouquet! Both of which I were gripping onto for dear life!)
The kiss (or as my pastor called it, "You may now do the... Holy love action."
Too ridiculously happy
It's all over, we're hitched!
The after-party with a bit of my favorite, salsa dancing!
Our choreographed "Thriller" dance
Our couples dance
That's it, goodnight everyone!
Haha, sorry for so many photos but it was just too hard to choose! Thank you so much to Kassia for her wonderful photography to capture my wedding day. It still makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Now onto the makeup talk! There are a few rules that you are going to want to keep in mind for your wedding or special event like prom. I know rules are meant to be broken but for the makeup to last all day and look good in photography, these are good rules to keep in mind:
1. Stay away from glitter and shimmery makeup. You want the photos to show your face, not white reflective dots all over. This includes mineral makeup.
2. Stay away from sunscreen or anything with spf because it will give your face a white cast in photos. The only exception is an outdoor wedding. :)
3. USE PRIMERS! Urban Decay Primer Potion is always great for eyelids, and a face primer is sure to keep your face matte and looking smooth with no touch ups for longer.
4. Consider using long-wear lip colors. I used Maybelline Superstay Gloss in 160 Glass Rose.
5. If you are bent on using lipstick, first apply liner on the entire lip and then the lipstick. Blot lips on a tissue, apply a second layer of lipstick, and dust loose powder over the lips through a tissue. This will set the lipstick and make it last.
6. I recommend using all matte eyeshadows. You can get away with something with a satin finish on the lid or crease, but at least get a good matte highlight color. I used NYX single eyeshadows in white and brown, and the Revlon Colorstay quad in Copper Spice.
7. Exfoliate your skin and lips the day before so you have a smooth canvas to work on.
8. Consider using false eyelashes. They really make eyes shine in photos!
9. Buy and use a new tube of WATERPROOF MASCARA. You will cry. Other people will cry. You will cry because other people cry. Even if you don't, you still want to be safe. ;)
10. Practice! If you are doing your own makeup, you want a game plan before the big day. You'll want the least amount of surprises, trust me. If you are having a makeup artist, is really pays to have a trial run so you know what you are getting. There is nothing worse than feeling awful or self-conscious because you weren't prepared for an uncomfortable makeup artist job. Same goes for hair!
11. Go a little more dramatic than usual, but stick with a classic look that you will be comfortable with. Trendy is fun, but you want everything to stand the test of time. Just look at old 80's wedding pics! Ahhh, the hair and makeup!!!
12. Don't forget your nails. So many people will ask to see your ring and your hand will be photographed more than usual. A simple pale pink or french manicure is really clean and classy.
13. Hire an awesome photographer! Your pretty makeup and dress will all be just memories without a great photographer to capture them. Do not skimp on this, and check out photographers' portfolios before you agree for them to shoot your wedding.
14. Get plenty of sleep and drink a lot of water. You will be going at full speed so it will REALLY be needed!
15. Relax, have fun, and don't sweat the small stuff. No wedding is perfect so whatever happens, just roll with it and have a good time. :)
Good luck and congratulations all of you who are getting married, have already been married, and want to get married some day. It's a truly beautiful thing and I hope you guys enjoy having read about mine as much as I had sharing it with you.